Rules and Regulations for the Farmers Market
Lake George Farmers Market Rules & Regulations:
Lake George Festivals/Mountain Farmers Market
PO Box 768 Lake George, NY 12845
(518) 646-0639-Vendor Hotline and Vendor Text Number-(518) 947-0521
Lakegeorgeevents@gmail.com Vendor Email
The Mountain Farmers Market, and Lake George Festivals managers have developed the following set of rules and regulations. We make an extreme effort to have a wide variety of vendors in the market to support the locals and tourists in Lake George. We provide a balance of in-season produce, and other items “supplying customers with a diversity”. Preference will be determined based on the following criteria: farmer, raised & produced locally, space availability, the need for a specific product, number of booth spaces required for a vendor, attractive display, and the priority of organic/natural, grown/produced/manufactured locally, that support the local businesses and farmers. Each category has 1 to 2 vendors for availability depending on the item’s description. We as market managers have the right to approve and deny a product an or vendor at our discretion to provide a pleasant experience for locals and tourists visiting Lake George.
When Approaching potential customers, please be courteous and respectful. There is absolutely no hawking outside of your booth area; No forced sampling (No means No)! No shouting, or other means of solicitation will not be tolerated. Discrimination is not allowed and will not be tolerated. Disagreements with customers, vendors or a market team member must be handled in a respectful manner to not disrupt the farmer’s market.
The Mountain Farmers Market Team has the ability to revoke the allowance of a vendor who has not Obed the rules. If warnings have been given verbally or in writing and still fail to obey; then the signed contract is no longer valid and you will be asked to leave the market and will not be excepted back. As operators of the Lake George Farmers Market, we have the right to refuse you.
Vendors must comply with NYS and Federal Laws (Sales Tax, NYS Board of Health, NYS Nursey license etc). Vendors selling by weight must have scales approved by the Warren County Office of Weights & Measures.
Allowed Farmers Market Items: Products sold during the Lake George Farmers Market are only items stated in your contract and have been approved by The Mountain Farmers Market Team. Any items that have not been approved you can not sell.
- Fruit “fresh or dried” (Berries, Apples, Pears, Grapes, melons etc)
- Vegetables “fresh or dried” (Corn, Celery, Tomatoes, Potatoes, Spinach, Salad Blends
- Fresh Roots (Ginger, Turmeric, Beets etc.)
- Farm Fresh Eggs, Meat, Dairy Products, & Fish
- Baked Goods: Pies, cakes, muffins, cookies, breads (MUST be HOMEMADE), premade powders (pancake, waffle, muffin mixes)
- Italian Ice *Local Business has Booth*
- Fresh Food (if not already a local business restaurant on Canada street)
- Handmade Pottery, coasters, mugs, tumblers etc.
- Handmade Jewelry, crystals, stones etc.
- Handmade painted rocks, bottles, painting, glass, and wood
- Lake George apparel
- Photography Prints
- Items for Animals: Treats, bowties, clothes etc.
- Spice Blends, mixtures, spices, herbs, fresh plants, and fresh roots.
- Tea, coffee, Lemonade, Fruit Juice, Cider
- Local Breweries (Beer, Wine, Spirts)
- Fresh Pickles and Sauerkraut.
- Popcorn, pretzels, Cheesed Filled snacks, and on the go other snacks.
- Pesto, Garlic Sauces, Hot Sauces, Jams, Relish, Salsa, Salad Dressings, Olive Oil, Vinegar, Honey, Maple Syrup, Kimchi
- Handmade wooden items “wooden blocks, boards, bowls etc.
- Natural Aromatherapy handmade soaps, creams, lotion, candles, wax melts, bath bombs, shower bombs, bath salts, essential Oils etc
Sampling may be done if you have your Board of Health Permit for sampling and or are in compliance with the rules.
The Lake George Farmers Market is held outside on the sidewalk in Infront of Shepard Park in the Village of Lake George, this is a rain-or-shine event. Weights are required for at least 20 lbs. This year the market is 14 Wednesdays starting after Americade July 6th and going to the Wednesday after Labor Day September 6th). The market runs from 10 am to 3 pm. If the market is to be closed it will be at the market manager’s discretion. A vendor can set up as early as 8 am; there are a few spaces open in front of the park designated for vendors loading and unloading. There is limited space for vendors to park in the park. We will have designated spaces to park in the park with a Lake George Farmers Market Vendor Vehicle Tag (If you do not have one of these tags; please do not park in the park). Overflow parking will be on Ottawa Street. Vendors are required to stay open till 3 pm. If you need to leave early please let us know.
*Vendor spaces are assigned based on seniority, market flow, type of product and shade requirements. If we need you to switch weather, it is temporary or permanent please be considerate. Every Vendor should be in their space within 30 minutes prior to market opening. Vendors need to notify the Lake George Festivals/Mountain Farmers Market Team through text or email by 9 am if can not make it or going to be late. Late is after 9:30 since the requirement is to be set up by and around 9:30. Booth Operators are required to have all needed items for setup. Tent, Tables, signs, tablecloths, weights, scales, paper bags etc. Your display can not have any hazards for customers to trip on or knock into.
Booth operators who are not next to a garbage can must provide a garbage bag or can for customers to throw samples out. Plastic bags are not allowed. Please be considerate to the environment and the lake.
Bags: No single-use plastic bags are allowed due to NYS Law.
Alcohol: No open alcohol allowed in Shepard Park. Only allowed on Fridays on the lake, and other events within the village’s provided perimeter.
Warning by Lake George Festivals/Mountain Farmers Market Team 1st and 2nd Warnings. Then 3rd is in writing and removed from the market and not allowed back. Rejection of following years contract guaranteed. If the warning is at the end of the season you will be allowed to continue to the end of the season but not allowed the back the following and future unless there is an agreement made.
So please follow the rules, be respectful, show up on time, and sell. We will have no issues. Thank You and Enjoy the Season.